- "No one can explain what happened to us on April 7, 2013. Some people called it impossible. Others called it a miracle. All I know is it was the day my life changed forever. If you'd seen us that afternoon, you probably would have thought we looked like a typical American family returning home from vacation. My brother, Ben, and his wife, Grace, still in love after 15 years. Their twins, Olive and Cal, always bickering like an old married couple. And the real old married couple my parents. Still in perfect health, still trying to run my life."
- —Michaela Stone
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Returning to New York from a family vacation in Jamaica, the Stone family is separated when adult siblings Michaela and Ben, along with Ben's gravely ill son Cal, are bumped to a later flight, while Ben's wife, daughter and parents fly ahead. When that later flight lands, the passengers are bewildered to discover that five and a half years have gone by. They attempt to reconnect with the loved ones who mourned their passing and moved on long ago, and try to make sense of a mystifying phenomenon steering them to act in ways they don't understand. Cal also finds that her sister, Olivia, is now 15 years old.
Plot[edit | edit source]
Montego Air Flight 828, from Jamaica to New York City, experiences a period of severe turbulence. When the plane lands, the passengers and crew learn that five years have passed while they were in the air. Initially everyone believes that they must have landed somewhere, however they realize that no one aged a day. Michaela and her brother Ben Stone learn that their mother passed away during those five years, and that Michaela's boyfriend Jared married her best friend. Later on, Michaela begins hearing a voice that helps her to save a young boy from being run over by a bus and releases two dogs, however later she realized that the voice wanted her to rescue two girls who were abducted. Saanvi, a medical researcher, learns that her research was no longer just theoretical and that the treatment she developed was saving hundreds of lives including the life of Ben's son. Shortly after Michaela started listening to the voices she realizes that her brother Ben was hearing them as well. In the end, she learns that all the passengers (including the crew) were having the same experience than her and when they arrive at the airport the plane exploded.
Cast[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This episode is the NBC's highest premiere in two years.
- Daryl Edwards and Alfredo Narciso are credited as "Co-Starring" for this episode only, being credited as "Guest Starring" starting with "Reentry".
References[edit | edit source]
- "‘The Big Bang Theory’ adjusts up, ‘The Good Doctor’ adjusts down: Monday final ratings". TV By The Numbers (September 25, 2018).
- "Listings - MANIFEST on NBC". The Futon Critic (September 11, 2018).